Achy Breaky Heart


  
8
I always got what I wanted from God.


For Novitiate I got sent overseas. For Humanities studies I went to Spain. To study Philosophy I returned to the States, and lived in New York. During the summer I spent vacation in Wisconsin...


Now it was time for me to get sent out on my first ministry as a "Brother." I wanted 1 of 2 places: Washington or Dallas, I got Texas!




The first thing I learned is that you "don't mess with Texans." And that everything there is twice the size as the rest of the world: Trucks, boots, highways, and the most important ... steaks!


There I learned how to shoot a shotgun, and tipped over many a canoe.


When I left 3 years later, my heart was divided between three cities and three schools, all of them beautiful and super Catholic. I still have messages roll into my in-box daily from families I met while I worked there. People in Texas just live this special Southern Friendship.






San Antonio - RollingHillsAcademy



The more I travel, the more my heart grows, because I am continually leaving parts of it behind.


I guess that's just  part of what it means to become a priest.